DirectStop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Cuts Likely to Focus More on Buildings Than People

MoRa
    MoRa
    Administrator
    Administrator

Date Joined : 2008-03-25

Microsoft Cuts Likely to Focus More on Buildings Than People Empty Microsoft Cuts Likely to Focus More on Buildings Than People

Post by MoRa Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:32 am

Still no word on when or if those rumored major cuts will be hitting Sony in the next month, but the Seattle Post-Intelligencer is reporting that Microsoft's cuts will be laid out later this week.

The cuts will be detailed during the company's second-quarter earnings report on Thursday, the P-I reports, but no word yet how or if it might affect Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, which includes the Xbox 360.

The P-I did get their hands on a leaked presentation which seems to indicate the company is postponing plans to expand their facilities in Washington, including putting a stop to the expansion plans for the land Microsoft purchased from Nintendo.

It sounds like the company may see pretty big savings from these building cuts, so maybe no people will lose their jobs. Though I can't help but think that the shutting down of Microsoft's gaming blog, Gamerscore Blog, may have had something to do with cost cutting measures.

Microsoft expansion to take a hit to cut costs [Seattle P-I]

Link: http://kotaku.com/5135466/microsoft-cuts-likely-to-focus-more-on-buildings-than-people?skyline=true&s=i

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am