DirectStop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1

MoRa
    MoRa
    Administrator
    Administrator

Date Joined : 2008-03-25

Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1 Empty Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1

Post by MoRa Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:21 am

Its been rumored for quite some time, but yesterday for a brief moment Microsoft's own Windows 7 webpage confirmed the reports that Windows 7 RC1 was slated for a May 2009 release date to the public, and even went on to confirm the fact that Microsoft would be handing out copies through June 2009, with the OS expiring 1 year later in 2010: "You don't need to rush to get Windows 7 RC," the download page read. "The RC release will be available at least through June 2009 and we're not limiting the number of product keys, so you have plenty of time."

Source
    Pikachu
    Pikachu
    Light Moderator
    Light Moderator

Date Joined : 2009-05-17

Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1 Empty Re: Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1

Post by Pikachu Sun May 17, 2009 7:21 pm

I think the beta was released kind of a long time ago and I actually tried it on my virtual pc, worked good just some little small bugs, and not a lot of software/applications actually supported it. I'm def. going to use it though.
    MoRa
    MoRa
    Administrator
    Administrator

Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1 Empty Re: Microsoft accidentally confirms May released date for Windows 7 RC1

Post by MoRa Sun May 17, 2009 7:23 pm

I tried the beta also, but it wasn't working very well. Sometimes I would lose internet connectivity but hey, it's called a beta for a reason.

I may consider upgrading in the future or maybe just adding it on a different partition.
    Pikachu
    Pikachu
    Light Moderator
    Light Moderator

Post by Pikachu Sun May 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeh, i usually use a virtual pc, like that much better than just installing operating systems on different partitions.
    MoRa
    MoRa
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by MoRa Sun May 17, 2009 7:28 pm

I liked virtual pc too. I used it to install Windows XP on my computer but I deleted it because I realized I wasn't able to run games that I had downloaded Sad
    Pikachu
    Pikachu
    Light Moderator
    Light Moderator

Post by Pikachu Sun May 17, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, if u think about me and having x Nvidia 1,792MB graphic cards, then I actually enjoy virtual pc, but I use it for testing most of the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm